Food is the foundation upon which the body’s energy is produced and is at the core of Traditional Chinese Medicine. At Orchid, we provide nutritional advice based upon your individual needs to improve your health and well-being.
Our dietary and nutritional needs change during each phase of our life, with seasonal or climate changes and with the level of activity in our lives. Thus, we all need to periodically readjust.
Daily meals form the foundation of our nutritional, biochemical and energetic health. The foods we eat on a regular basis determine how much energy we have available throughout the day. The foods we choose also profoundly influence our moods. For example, sugar gives a great initial feeling, while prolonged, excessive use can contribute to feelings of depression, low energy, mental fog and even to outbursts of anger and frustration.
By selecting foods which suit our constitution and health needs, our bodies are able to work more efficiently, heal themselves, and experience optimal health. Nutritional support is available in conjunction with our acupuncture and Chinese medicine services, and will always be based on your health history and goals.
What We Gain from Customized Nutritional Therapy:
- functional eating — a time-honored approach to choosing and preparing meals that harnesses the synergy of food and medicine
- improved digestion, more complete assimilation of nutrients
- a greater connection to the seasons and one's physical and emotional health by eating with intention
What to expect during your session:
- the premise that health is more than merely the absence of illness — the foods which we eat sustain us and when used appropriately, create our vitality and daily well-being
- customized recommendations based on your lifestyle, health history and treatment goals
- additional recommendations for nutritional supplements, with cooking tips, recipe ideas and other helpful resources, as applicable
- follow up support and continued guidance as you implement dietary changes