Fertility health and concerns can be sensitive and emotional for all parties concerned. Whether you are just starting to plan for your family or have been trying to conceive for a while, acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine can be helpful in nurturing and supporting your body for conception and a healthy pregnancy.
While many Chinese medicine practitioners and acupuncturists offer treatments for fertility conditions, most have not specifically studied fertility health issues and the range of corresponding treatments. Our practitioners have done extensive post-graduate training in fertility health with leading experts around the country and the world and continually stay abreast of current trends and treatment modalities. We are dedicated to assisting you on this journey. Our treatment plans help couples incorporate a focus on:
- Increasing blood flow to the ovaries and uterus
- Regulating hormones to encourage follicle development
- Improving the endometrial lining
- Improving the quality of eggs
- Improving the absorption of nutrients
- Improving the quality of sleep
- Reducing and managing stress
- Improving the immune system
- Promoting overall wellness and health
- Decreasing the chance of miscarriage
Though infertility can be defined as “the inability to contribute to conception,” very few women are truly unable to conceive. Many women who have problems conceiving are actually out of balance because of an improper lifestyle, diet, stress and other factors that can all reduce fertility.
We routinely treat women and couples with the following:
- Amenorrhea (no periods)
- Elevated FSH levels
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Anovulatory menstrual cycles
- Luteal phase defect (LPD)
- Advanced maternal age
- Poor egg quality
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Uterine Fibroids
- Thyroid/Autoimmune issues
- Hormonal imbalances
- Vaginal infections
- Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
- Thin or unresponsive endometrium
- Unexplained Infertility
- Male factor issues: issues of semen quality (count, motility and morphology levels)
At Orchid, we believe your treatment for fertility concerns should be as unique as you are. Treatment for fertility often ranges from 3-10 months, but the length and course of treatments are dependent on individual circumstances. We will outline a recommended treatment plan for you during your initial consultation and treatment, staying available for support every step of the way.
Our serene, Milwaukee offices promote individualized attention and treatment plans, with the goal of helping you as you look to build your family. If you have more specific questions related to personal health concerns, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.