IVF & IUI Support
Discover the benefits of combining the best of Eastern and Western medical techniques to conceive.
Many reproductive endocrinologists and fertility clinics in the United States are now incorporating acupuncture, herbal medicine, and other natural therapies as a standard component of IVF protocols to improve treatment success. In fact, Harvard Medical School research has found that live birth rates increase from 20-55% when complementing traditional fertility treatments with acupuncture, and an integrated approach to treatment.
Research into the use of acupuncture with IVF shows a clear increase in rates of conception and live births in women who receive acupuncture in conjunction with IVF, as compared to those who have IVF only (with no acupuncture treatment):
- Improved IVF success rates by 65%
- Continued pregnancy rates increased by 82%
- Improved live birth rates by 91%
Orchid Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture offers treatment programs that can help to increase the response and success of all forms of Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART).
- Studies have found that acupuncture can increase blood flow in the uterus and ovaries creating a more suitable and fertile environment for mature follicles to both develop and implant.
- Additionally, treating a male partner at the same time can improve sperm counts, motility, and morphology.
- Our treatments can also be effective in reducing the stress and side effects associated with fertility treatments.
We offer a mind/body approach to your fertility journey and incorporate Chinese medicine with diet and lifestyle recommendations to optimize the outcome while using ART and improve menstrual irregularities and issues.
For patients who are pursuing IVF and IUI, we offer the following support:
Pre-Conception Preparation with Acupuncture
- Ideally recommended for a minimum of 3 months prior to embryo transfer or insemination – follicles have a 90-120 day maturation period, while sperm have a 90 day development period before being released for fertilization
- Beginning treatment ahead of the IVF/IUI cycle aims to optimize overall health, improve hormonal balance, increase blood production and flow to the uterus and ovaries, and reduce stress levels
Acupuncture During IVF or IUI
Orchid Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture uses the latest treatment protocols designed to complement each phase of an IVF or IUI cycle. The goal of treatment during this time is to:
- Improve blood flow to the uterus and ovaries to improve response to stimulation
- Thicken uterine lining to encourage implantation
- Decrease uterine cramping to encourage implantation and reduce miscarriage
- Decrease cortisol and reduce stress levels to improve LH and progesterone production