Explore a holistic, deeply personalized approach to acupuncture.
Acupuncture involves the gentle insertion of fine, sterile, disposable needles into specific points near the surface of the body to stimulate the flow of “Qi”. Qi in Chinese medical theory is the life force or energy that runs through the body along twelve major meridians.
When Qi is balanced, there is a state of health and well-being in the body. External factors such as stress and diet over time can cause Qi to become deficient or stagnant, leading to disharmony and imbalance in the body that manifests as pain, disease, and emotional disorders. The painless insertion of needles directs the body’s attention to the underlying condition and allows the body to heal itself from within.
From a western medicine point of view, acupuncture produces physiological changes in the body including:
- Increased blood flow
- Stimulation of hormones and neurotransmitters
- Stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system to promote deep relaxation
What to expect during your session:
- An initial visit lasting up to 90 minutes, covering your health history, goals for treatment and any questions you may have. Once all needles are inserted, you will lay comfortably for 15-45 minutes.
- Subsequent visits lasting from 30-60 minutes.
- A follow up treatment plan tailored to your individual history and goals, including lifestyle recommendations, supplements and Chinese herbs as appropriate
- An experience that may vary by person, depending on the type of problem being treated. Some people may start to notice the benefits almost immediately, others may feel a difference a few hours after treatment, and some may need several treatments before they notice an improvement. It is possible to leave a session very relaxed, or even energized.