A gentle, relaxing method of tension relief
This wonderful ancient tool has found its place in the modern world of healing. By creating suction and negative pressure, cupping therapy is used to soften tight muscles, loosen adhesions, lift connective tissue, bring hydration and blood flow to body tissues, and drain excess fluids and toxins by opening the body's lymphatic pathways.
Cupping works by positioning a glass or plastic cup over the area of the body to be treated, while suction is created using either heat or a vacuum bulb. This suction level may range from light to heavy, and the movements performed can be stimulating or relaxing. Cupping also offers a gentle method of drawing out local inflammation. The skin may temporarily flush during treatment, as circulation improves locally. Conditions of chronic and acute pain can be relieved with minimal discomfort and tense muscles soften quickly and easily.
This therapy may benefit with: pain relief, lymph drainage, scar and stretch mark reduction, releasing tight muscle tissue, fibromyalgia, sluggish circulation, sciatica, TMJ, arthritis, athletic injuries, and general skin toning and firming
Explore our menu of service offerings below to find your perfect fit.
- An ancient therapy that uses varying levels of suction to lift and loosen tight muscles and body tissues
- Easy, fast and painless relief from tight, sore muscles
- Shorter session times with this technique can often give similar results to a 60-minute therapeutic massage
- Beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension, reducing scar tissue, increasing blood oxygen levels, and improving flexibility
- Lighter suction than traditional cupping methods
- Small cups create gentle suction across the skin to mimic the pumping movements of lymphatic drainage
- Gently lifts the facial tissues, brings increased circulation to the skin (without creating redness), stimulates natural elasticity, relieves sinus congestion, and drains stagnant fluids to reduce puffiness
- Muscles of the face benefit by reducing tension and tightness, easing expression lines and loosening tight muscles associated with TMJ disorders
- Softening of lines, wrinkles, scar tissue, and rosacea
- A series of 6-8 treatments are recommended to achieve the best results from this technique