Chinese Herbal Medicine
Discover a rich, ancient and effective healing modality
Chinese herbal medicine is an integral component of traditional Chinese medicine, often used in conjunction with acupuncture as a safe and effective means of healing the body and mind. Herbs are used in combination – within a formula – to treat each patient’s underlying constitution and root patterns.
Are Chinese herbs safe?
When prescribed by a qualified practitioner, Chinese herbal medicine is extremely safe and effective. Our practitioners have been trained to pay careful attention to dosage, combinations of herbs and any known drug-herb interactions. It is important that your practitioner be made aware of any medications or supplements you are taking to prevent any possible interactions with your herbal medicine treatment. In addition, patients should inform their prescribing physician of the herbs they are taking.
What are common conditions treated with Chinese herbal medicine?
Chinese herbal medicine is a comprehensive form of medicine that can effectively address a wide variety of chronic and acute conditions. It has a long clinical history of treating conditions that are traditionally difficult to treat, such as:
- Gynecological issues (fibroids, endometriosis, PCOS, etc.)
- Female/male fertility concerns
- Chronic conditions, as well as conditions that do not have a Western medical diagnosis
Chinese herbal medicine may also be used to safely treat infants and pregnant/breastfeeding women, in providers with proper training and experience.
What to expect during your session:
- Our office utilizes granule powder herbs as appropriate and carries a full-line of pills and tinctures including pediatric formulas.
- All formulas and supplements are sourced from companies within the United States with a track record of safety
- Chinese herbal formulas are generally taken 2-3 times daily over a designated treatment period.