Pregnancy & Postpartum Care
Invite yourself to experience the feeling of peak health and wellness as you prepare for the journey to labor and beyond.
Acupuncture, Chinese medicine, reiki, and massage can be used throughout pregnancy to encourage physical, emotional, and mental harmony. These therapies can offer safe relief from common complaints of pregnancy, help to prevent miscarriage, assist in preparing the body for birth, and aid in post-natal recovery. Traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture can help a woman better manage these changes, along with the natural pressures that pregnancy brings to her body, offering physical, emotional, and even daily energy support.
Acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine can be beneficial right from the very beginning of a pregnancy. Our program helps support your healthy and peaceful pregnancy every step of the way:
- Morning sickness, digestive irregularities
- Colds and flus, sinus congestion
- Threatened or recurrent miscarriage
- Anxiety and stress relief
- Fatigue and low energy
- Heartburn, digestive irregularities
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Leg cramps, sciatica and muscle aches/pains
- Preterm labor
- High blood pressure, edema
- Back and pelvic pain
- Malpositioning of baby
- Labor preparation/pre-birth acupuncture (treatment recommended weekly from week 37 onward)
The usefulness of acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine does not end with a healthy birth! Postpartum care can help the various systems of a woman’s body rebalance, as well as provide calm to a new mother’s emotional well-being. Ideally, acupuncture may begin about 2 weeks postpartum and may continue for up to 2 months. Our treatments will focus on helping new mothers navigate a variety of conditions, including:
- Lactation: low milk supply, blocked ducts & mastitis
- Hormonal imbalances, low energy levels
- Incontinence & perineal healing
- Depression, ‘baby blues’ & postpartum anxiety
- Postpartum pain and discomfort, including incision/scar healing from cesarean birth
Have a question about your pregnancy/postpartum journey?